- Speciale Op-Ale by Johan
Tweet Again it has been too long since my latest beer review, so I jumped in the basement and found a nice bottle of Op-Ale begging to be tasted and reviewed.
- A Belgian style New Year… by Johan
Tweet It might be a little bit late to talk about New Year, but I do not want to mis the opportunity to talk about the surprise my parents gave me back in January. Under the green and blinking Christmas tree (a plastic tree, actually ) there was a box, [...]
- Tour in Ghent 4 - Cheese fr… by Johan
Tweet For the last time we will look back to our guided walk through the city of Ghent, with the Vizit organization. As we were in the middle of the winter, dusk arrived quite early and despite the bright (but cold) weather we had that day, it started to rain [...]
- Making my own pralines - the forms by Johan
Tweet A little while ago, I discovered on the Internet the following little movie. It’s about a Belgian television cook who teaches people how to cook (and how not to cook ) and does so in their own kitchen. But the real reason for mentioning this movie, is the actual [...]
- I need a dollar, dollar…. by Johan
Tweet Today I will take you to the village of Vlezenbeek, a part of the Belgian city Sint-Pieters-Leeuw, nearby Brussels. Not because it’s such an interesting place to visit (and actually, it is), but because it’s the hometown of the world famous pralines from “Neuhaus”. Right next to the entrance [...]
- Tour in Ghent 3 - Ham from G(h)ent by Johan
Tweet Today I’ll take you to the third stop on our guided walk through the city of Ghent. We already discussed some chocolates and candies, but now it’s time for something else: meat! We held the stop at the Groot Vleeshuis, which can be translated in English as the Big [...]
- West-Vleteren again the bes… by Johan
Tweet The famous American beer rating website Ratebeer has again made a top 50 of the best beers in the world. And guess what…. the belgian West-Vleteren 12 is again on 1! After more then 3,5 million beer tastings, during which over 140.000 beers were rated, West-Vleteren 12 was selected [...]
- Say "I love you",… by Johan
Tweet Unless you’re still under influence of the cocktails served on New Year’s Eve, you’ve probably seen that we’re getting closer to Valentine’s day. That day we’re celebrating love. Just like in most other western countries, we’re also celebrating that day in Belgium (we didn’t succeed in making it an [...]
- Fifth Beer festival in Bruges by Johan
Tweet I just found out about a beer festival that takes place in the lovely city of Bruges (Brugge) coming weekend. On Saturday February 4th and Sunday February 5th, there will be more then 70 breweries presenting their beers in the center of Bruges. 322 beers can be enjoyed and [...]
- A new Palm? by Johan
Tweet Right after New Year, the citizens of Londerzeel, Belgium were kindly invited on a drink during which the launch of the restyled Palm beer was the central theme. Unfortunately, I didn’t make it that day, but as being a citizen of Londerzeel myself, I at least wanted to cover [...]
- Johan about A Belgian style New Year…:-) Is misschien iets beter in de zomer, nee? Geen idee van waar ze deze box gekocht hebben, maar ik ben ...
- Inge about A Belgian style New Year…Njam njam! Die Liefmans Fruitesse heb ik nog maar recent gedronken en is SUPERlekker! :-) Zou nu ook wel smaken ...
- Johan about Tour in Ghent 2 - Sweets fr…:-) 't was zobiezo al vrij laat toen we Gent verlieten en we hadden Britse bezoekers bij ons, hé - ...
- Inge about Tour in Ghent 2 - Sweets fr…Haha, die tip over de caramellekes moet ik zeker onthouden als onze Jules wat groter is dan! ;-) Zeg, jullie hadden ...
- Johan about A Belgian style New Year…Inderdaad, dat is gemakkelijk, hé! Ik heb via Google al gevonden dat de chocolaatjes van prima kwaliteit zouden zijn!
- Inge about A Belgian style New Year…Mmmmh, chocolaatjes als cadeau! :-) Is eigenlijk wel een leuk idee, ook om als business cadeautje af te geven! En ...
- Johan about Belgian Delicacies has a ne…Well, I have some people that recommend some suggestions. So... shout: what would you like to see changed on the Belgiandelicacies.com ...
- Inge about Corporate movie Bockor BreweryIk heb absoluut nul komma nul verstand van bier, dus ga ik hier niks zinnigs over kunnen zeggen, maar wél ...
- Johan about Chokotoff: a Belgian delica…Cho... "Als ik ouder word..." Ik heb anders al genoeg verhalen gehoord van jeugdige medemensen die tanden verloren zijn bij ...
- Inge about Chokotoff: a Belgian delica…Inderdaad, als de productie echt zal komen te verhuizen... ik vrees dat de smaak toch ook anders zal zijn. Ik ...